Saturday, August 15, 2009

MYSTERY FRUIT EXPOSED!

Dear Friends,
I have to say that I am really impressed! I had no idea that I was keeping company in the presence of such learned ones. The vast majority of you guessed that the "Mystery Fruit" was a fig...and you were absolutely correct!!! I had originally thought that it was some type of plum, as did my good friend Melanie. Steve G. wasn't sure what it was, but assured me that it was completely benign unless eaten - then only Greeks wearing haz-mat suits would be able to enter my apartment to fumigate it and detoxify it!
Several of you had mentioned the laxative properties of the fruit, but from personal experience I must say that it was nothing like I was expecting. If it does possess laxative properties, it must be of the mildest type.
Anyway, early this afternoon I fixed myself a nice big Greek salad, topped with feta cheese and splashed with a generous helping of olive oil and vinegar. Then for dessert I had some fresh...you guessed it...figs!!!
Take care, stay well, and let me hear from you.
Your Friend and Fellow "Silent Warrior",
Bob (fig-face) Armistead

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok Bob, so you are enjoying the life of Riley. When are you going to make your sojourn back to the base? Remember, Bldg 307, top floor, last room on East end, facing highway. I know it will be trashed, but a picture or a couple would be appreciated. Tks,
Ron

Steve G. said...

Bob. The last couple of days have really been rough for me. Could you send me four or five of those fig things?
Tks,
Steve G.