Sunday, August 21, 2011

ASSORTED PHOTOS

Dear Friends,


What follows is merely a  random assortment of  photos since I have been here on Crete.  I hope you enjoy them.  "Click" on any photo for  a  larger view.

Your Friend and Fellow "Silent Warrior",

Bob Armistead


ABOVE  PHOTO: My landlord, Nikitas,
plays the mandolino on his patio at the
La Stella Apartments.
ABOVE PHOTO: My landlord's
friend plays the mandolino on the
patio of the La Stella Apartments.

















ABOVE PHOTO: The beach at
Amoudara.  Just one block from my
apartment.

ABOVE PHOTO:  An older Greek
man near my apartment.  Note the
traditional Cretan head covering and
that wonderful mustache!



ABOVE PHOTO: This is the tree
lined street where my apartment is
located - Naxou  Street.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on CRETE... thought you had dropped out of sight... The picture of the Beach was just beatiful...

Calvin Joslin (1965-66)